On First Impressions
Someone told me the other day about first impressions – "when you talk to someone new, do you go in knowing what you want them to leave with?"
Intors should not make me walk away feeling existential dread, but somehow I have a mild dose every time I have to intro myself. This question made me think more about how I present myself to the world. What do I share? What should I keep to myself?
I'm so scattered in my interests that I never know what to say when people ask me what I do or what I like. I'd much rather listen to what someone else is doing and just absorb.
- an engineer
- a community builder
- a super connector
- an experience planner
- an explorer
- a dancer
I am interested in:
- privacy as a human right
- building digital worlds
- technology-enabled sustainability
- sustainble scaling
- what motivates people
- social structures, social mobility, the ladders that people climb
- structural inequality
- culture and its impact on upbringing and beliefs
- games and their impact on life performance
- what success means
- seeing how different people choose to lead their lives
- nourishing strong relationships
- creating environments for great conversations
How do I refine this list into a clearer personal story or narrative?